AT CASTOR, YOUR EXPERTISE LEVERAGES THE GREATER GOOD FOR REAL
Who is CASTOR?
What we do at Castor is to simplify the clinical trial process, from recruitment to analysis, with user-friendly, patient-centric technology.
Castor is a leading provider of decentralized and hybrid clinical trial solutions to democratize research. With the highest-rated eClinical platform, Castor’s modular platform offers rapid deployment at scale, enabling researchers to create a trial in a matter of clicks, with easy enrollment and real-world data capture. Castor is bringing human-centered design to the clinical trial process, from recruitment to monitoring, and improving the quality, security, and reusability of data for researchers worldwide.
Next to being very purpose-driven, we are proud of our caring company culture. Although we are a fast-growing scale-up, we follow our values diligently and take the well-being of each Castorian seriously. Sounds like something for you? Read on !
What you’ll focus on
At Castor, we are committed to a world with faster, smarter, medical research. Our cloud-based software solutions are revolutionizing data capture for academic and commercial clinical researchers worldwide. You have found yourself a company with a true purpose.
As our next Finance Director, reporting to the CFO, you will ensure the company’s financial position is always timely and accurately reflected, as witnessed in periodic (audited) financial statements. You will ensure the company complies with relevant financial and tax regulations and optimize internal processes and structures to achieve this. You will collaborate with auditors, external advisors (big4) and others across geographies Castor operates with, as well as various internal stakeholders.
You will continuously strive for improvements within the finance area to ensure Castor can continue to scale smoothly while keeping the company due diligence ready at all times.
Accordingly, responsibilities of the role will be as follows;
- Responsible for group accounting, including AO/IC (Administrative Organization & Internal Control) processes
- Own the statutory reporting
- Lead as well as hands-on support and develop the Finance team, consisting of General Ledger, Accounts Payable, Accounts Receivable, Revenue Accounting and other team members
- Own the financial audit process
- Maintain relationships with service providers, financial advisors, and banks
- Numerous complex accounting, business control, treasury and admin activities, including ESOP, forecasting, banking and other activities
- Be exposed to the board through Audit Committee participation
- Tax Compliance: timely tax returns, including VAT, Wage Tax, Corporate Income Tax, transfer pricing, as well as working alongside external advisors to ensure compliance
What you'll bring
- Extensive experience in financial accounting/auditing, preferably within the big4 or international groups
- Dutch GAAP, knowledge of international standards (US GAAP or IFRS) is required
- Understanding of various tax dynamics in international group settings
- Excellent interpersonal, leadership, and communication skills. Independent, goal-orientated as well as collaborative style
- Ability to thrive in high growth environment driving structure and steering processes to delivery
How Castor takes care of you
At Castor we truly live and breathe one of our core values, believing we can achieve anything with a healthy and happy team. Our benefits reflect this:
- Guaranteed ‘happy holidays’ bonus, a prospective ‘company performance’ bonus, Employee Stock Option Plan, Learning & Development Budget as well as a competitive pay
- Unlimited annual leave(with a minimum of 25 days, plus additional national holidays)
- A fully remote role*, with financial support for your home office set-up
- A flexible working schedule: nobody is tracking your time except you; we focus on output and delivery
- A great work-life balance
- A company MacBook or Dell laptop, and all other needed gear to work comfortably from home
- Quarterly downtime weeks, well-being workshops, sleeping courses, virtual company events and celebrations
- Annual company gatherings in person 🌴
Don’t have an updated CV just yet? Feel free to apply with your LinkedIn profile.
Every Castorian counts. We celebrate you for who you are. We build products to make clinical research accessible to the world and a company where everyone, anywhere, is welcome. It does not matter where you are from, where you are based, or what your gender, age, or sexual orientation is.
Our remote-first setup is for your family, your work-life balance, your mental health, and your right to be your most authentic self. You are celebrated for who you are, for all the differences and quirks that define you. We want your unique voice to be heard and succeed together as a happy and healthy team!
Castor continues to grow as an Equal Opportunities Employer. We strongly encourage applications from women, people of color, and people from the LGBTQ(+) community. Please feel free to share the pronouns you use (for example she/her/hers, he/her/his, they/them/theirs, etc.).