AT CASTOR, WE DRIVE FASTER, SMARTER MEDICAL RESEARCH
We believe that faster, more diverse clinical trials help extend the human health span and provide a greater return on investment.
We strive to improve the clinical trial experience for patients, sites and sponsors, using technology to accelerate every step of the clinical trial journey.
Our modular clinical trial platform enables the capture and re-use of research data from anywhere, anytime and helps optimize each activity in the clinical trial journey by reducing human effort with technology. From recruitment to monitoring, we help make it easier to design and deploy trials, enroll and engage patients, collect data and analyze results.
Next to being very purpose-driven, we are proud of our caring company culture. We follow our values diligently and take the well-being of each Castorian seriously. Sounds like something for you? Read on!
At Castor, we’re all committed to a world with faster, smarter, medical research. Our cloud-based software solutions are revolutionizing data capture for academic and commercial clinical researchers worldwide. You’ve found yourself a company with a true purpose.
Our Engineering Team has been instrumental in Castor’s success, building top healthtech products including Castor CDMS and Castor Consent.
As our Staff Software Engineer (Rust), you will be a part of a small, but focused, team whose role is to develop an interpreter for a Domain Specific Language to manage all data capture interactions, validations and calculations. This is a high performance component of both our frontend and backend technical strategy which requires a passion for robust software design, development and testing practices to ensure the highest levels of stability.
What you’ll focus on
- Work with the Product and professional services team to iterate the language design and launch and iterate versioned updates.
- Define and communicate software designs, where needed, to spread understanding and gather input from a wider range of Castor Engineers.
- Design and build an interpreter (in Rust) for a Domain Specific Language to manage all data capture interactions, validations and calculations.
- Design and build a test strategy and test suite to ensure the stability and performance of the interpreter.
- Contribute to the establishment of best practices for Rust development at Castor. Bringing your experience to ensure that this new codebase follows the current best practices and idiomatic approaches for others to build upon.
- In your team: ensure high quality deliverables; clear communication of progress and risks; drive decisions to enable timely delivery.
- Guide and review the technical approaches, risks and appropriateness of solutions for your team.
- Review code developed by engineers in the team and provide feedback to ensure best practice.
- Define and iterate team practices to ensure quality, accuracy, testability, maintainability and efficiency.
- Operate and support the compliance processes within the scope of the team
What you’ll bring
You’ll definitely have:
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent practical experience
- 5 years of software development experience in one or more typesafe languages (e.g. C++, Rust, Java, C#, Go)
- At least 2 years of experience with Rust and its ecosystem.
- An understanding of software engineering best practices to achieve scalable, maintainable, high quality, software.
- Excellent level of English, both verbal and written
Please note that we are open to hire from different European countries and also authorized to provide visa sponsorship for the Netherlands. However, we are unable to accept applications from France, Spain, Bulgaria, Sweden, Switzerland and Greece.
How Castor takes care of you
At Castor we truly live and breathe one of our core values, believing we can achieve anything with a healthy and happy team. Our benefits reflect this:
- Guaranteed ‘happy holidays’ bonus
- Employee Stock Option Plan
- Learning & Development Budget to support your growth
- Unlimited annual leave
- A fully remote role, with support for your home office set-up
- A flexible working schedule: nobody is tracking your time except you, we focus on output and delivery
- A great work-life balance
- Quarterly downtime weeks, well-being workshops, sleeping courses, virtual company events and celebrations
- Annual company retreats in person 🌴
We are a remote-first company. At Castor, we value flexibility and believe that the best talents can work anywhere in the world. From flexibility improvements to productivity growth, we want to make sure you are happy, healthy, and productive while working from home.
Every Castorian counts. We celebrate you for who you are. We build products to make clinical research accessible to the world and a company where everyone, anywhere, is welcome. It does not matter where you are from, where you are based, or what your gender, age, or sexual orientation is.
Our remote-first setup is for your family, your work-life balance, your mental health, and your right to be your most authentic self. You are celebrated for who you are, for all the differences and quirks that define you. We want your unique voice to be heard and succeed together as a happy and healthy team!
Castor continues to grow as an Equal Opportunities Employer. We strongly encourage applications from women, people of color, and people from the LGBTQ(+) community. Please feel free to share the pronouns you use (for example she/her/hers, he/her/his, they/them/theirs, etc.).