What you’ll do?
Joining our team as a Frontend Engineer, you’ll have the opportunity to work on a greenfield project and shape Castor’s frontend culture. To make medical research faster and smarter, you will strive to grow an application with the best possible UI and UX on a modern, easy to work with, stack by:
- Owning and growing our React Front End engineering, moving further towards a well-structured, tested, and accessible experience;
- Leading our frontend engineers by example, both by mentoring and setting standards through your daily work on features and improvements;
- Collaborating closely with our Design System Team to integrate existing components into our application(s) and add new capabilities to this system;
What you’ll work with?
Currently, we are using React, Redux, NextJS, TypeScript. Additionally, we’re using Babel, Webpack, Jest, TestCafe, ESLint, Prettier, SCSS, and other tools. The backend consists of modern PHP7 applications, backed by multi-tenant MySQL databases. Our toolbox includes CircleCI, Github, Slack, JIRA, Storybook, and MkDoc.
What you’ll bring?
- Solid experience using React.js, keeping HTML and CSS maintainable and adaptable in large projects;
- Foundational knowledge about web technologies, such as backend programming languages and tools, web-related protocols, and a general understanding of how the internet works;
- Fluent verbal and written communication skills in English;
What you’ll get
At Castor, we truly live and breathe our core values, believing we can achieve anything with a "healthy and happy team." With this in mind, we offer the following benefits:
- A flexible and remote working opportunity (we also have an office in Amsterdam)
- A competitive salary and a guaranteed 'happy holidays' bonus
- Investing in our talent with a strong Employee Stock Option Plan
- 30 days annual leave (including national holidays)
- Interested in lifelong learning? You’ll love using our development and training budget!
- Flexible approach to working - nobody is tracking your time except you.
- A MacBook or Dell laptop, we’re a tech start-up after all ;)
- Like to feel zen? You’ll love our company subscription to Calm for meditation and yoga
To make medical research smarter and faster, and build top-notch products to support decentralized clinical trials, we pay close attention to diversity & inclusion in Castor’s Product and Engineering teams. You can learn more from our Team Lead Roxana and Software Engineer Luciana Interviews on how they experience working at Castor and their thoughts on D&I challenges.
Want to know more? Check out the role profile for some further insights or apply now!
Castor continues to grow as an Equal Opportunities Employer. We strongly encourage applications from women, people of colour, and people from the LGBTQ(+) community. In your application, please feel free to share the pronouns you use (for example she/her/hers, he/him/his, they/them/theirs, etc).