What you’ll do
At Castor our stack, well...it’s stacked! With PHP at its heart, our world comprises of (not limited to) PHP7, ZF 2/3, Github, Doctrine 2, Jenkins, Docker, MySQL, Ansible, ReactJS, Tideways, and NewRelic to realize our vision, ensuring our products and tools embrace the frontier of innovation:
- Designing, ‘debugging’ and writing code for a growing network of medical researchers
- Analyzing performance data and optimizing bottlenecks to ensure we maintain our growth
- Deconstructing user requirements to model optimal, scalable, solutions
- Working on automated toolchains to construct and integrate our applications
- Collaborating with and mentoring engineers, championing their technical growth
What you’ll bring
A repertoire of coding comprehension! Being a savvy and seasoned software engineer, you’ll know how to decrypt and improve legacy code whilst keeping yourself abreast of current trends:
- Extensive practical experience with PHP, design patterns, OOP, and automated tests
- Experience in scaling up cloud-based applications
- A coding consortium of knowledge, being able to build new, globally scaling features
- A positive approach to mentoring and supporting others in their development
What you’ll learn
It’s a crucial time for Castor. We’re on ‘full power mode’ and scaling-up at an exponential rate. For you, the opportunities are endless:
- How to build robust ‘bulletproof’ security which protects patients medical data
- To share your ideas openly and influence the growth of a true scale-up company
- Be involved in maximizing the impact of medical research and improving healthcare
What you'll get
At Castor we truly live and breathe our core value, believing we can 'achieve anything with a healthy and happy team.' With this in mind, we offer the following benefits:
- A flexible and remote working opportunity (we also have an office in Amsterdam)
- A competitive salary and a guaranteed 'happy holidays' bonus
- Investing in our talent with a strong Employee Stock Option Plan
- 30 days annual leave (plus additional national holidays)
- Interested in lifelong learning? You’ll love using our development and training budget!
- Flexible approach to working - nobody is tracking your time except you.
- A MacBook or Dell laptop, we’re a tech start-up after all ;)
- Like to feel zen? You’ll love our company subscription to Calm for meditation and yoga
To make medical research smarter and faster, and build top-notch products to support decentralized clinical trials, we pay close attention to diversity & inclusion in Castor’s Product and Engineering teams. You can learn more from our Team Lead Roxana and Software Engineer Luciana Interviews on how they experience working at Castor and their opinions on D&I in engineering topics!
Want to know more? Check out the role profile for some further insights, or apply now!
Castor continues to grow as an Equal Opportunities Employer. We strongly encourage applications from women, people of colour, and people from the LGBTQ(+) community. In your application, please feel free to share the pronouns you use (for example she/her/hers, he/him/his, they/them/theirs, etc).