AT CASTOR, WE DRIVE FASTER, SMARTER MEDICAL RESEARCH
Who is CASTOR?
We believe that faster, more diverse clinical trials help extend the human health span and provide a greater return on investment.
We strive to improve the clinical trial experience for patients, sites and sponsors, using technology to accelerate every step of the clinical trial journey.
Our modular clinical trial platform enables the capture and re-use of research data from anywhere, anytime and helps optimize each activity in the clinical trial journey by reducing human effort with technology. From recruitment to monitoring, we help make it easier to design and deploy trials, enroll and engage patients, collect data and analyze results.
Next to being very purpose-driven, we are proud of our caring company culture. We follow our values diligently and take the well-being of each Castorian seriously. Sounds like something for you? Read on !
The main focus of the role
At Castor, we are all committed to a world with faster, smarter, medical research. Our cloud based software solutions are revolutionizing data capture for academic and commercial clinical researchers worldwide. You have found yourself a company with a true purpose.
Our Customer Success team advises and supports thousands of Castor users from all over the world, ensuring that they get the best out of our products.
The Director of Customer Success is responsible for helping to define Customer Success excellence while building out the Customer Success Management team. This role will set the standard for building account relationships while identifying new opportunities to grow the business with products and solutions that ultimately provide our clients with the ideal customer journey. This will require you to partner with internal teams to identify compelling solutions and resolve complex problems across all customer segments.
A key component of success will be your ability to roll up your sleeves, wear many hats, and effectively prioritize key initiatives, while consistently providing solutions for scale and efficiency. Success and impact are measured through net revenue retention and customer feedback.
What you’ll be doing
- Lead and grow our global Customer Success Management (CSM) team, balancing the need to maximize financial potential on each account while also providing for an ideal customer experience.
- Proactively and continually assess staff skills compared to present and future market needs and address hiring needs as appropriate.
- Define and create the “customer experience” by determining the ideal customer journey by archetype.
- Define, develop, and maintain the SOPs, work instructions, and related collateral for the CSM team.
- Ensure that timely and accurate data are maintained as appropriate (customer health scores, revenue potential, etc.).
- Act as a contact for customer escalations and manage those escalations to a successful outcome when possible.
- Build account relationships and identify opportunities to provide additional solutions that are viewed as value add by our customers.
- Proactively identify, manage, and mitigate account risk in support of maintaining and growing accounts.
- Actively listen to customers, understanding their needs and turning this into actionable insights and accountability for improvement.
- Actively collaborate with other members of the Castor team to remove customer roadblocks and frustrations.
- Help to define Castor’s “Voice of the Customer” program.
- Participate in pre-sales meetings as needed.
What you’ll bring
You’ll definitely have:
- 5+ years of experience leading Customer Success teams.
- Multiple years of clinical trial software experience with a strong understanding of medical research, where technology meets science.
- A strong understanding of customer metrics and industry best practices (eg NPS, renewals, subscriptions, and activity).
- Experience creating new strategies and processes to drive customer engagement and happiness.
- Solid leadership skills - decisive, courageous, and motivational.
- Demonstrated maturity and highly effective techniques of advocacy, persuasion, presentation, conflict/escalation management, and communication.
- Excellent analytical and problem-solving skills, combined with strong business judgment and ability to present analysis in a clear and compelling manner.
- Strong interpersonal skills, including cultivating positive cross-functional working relationships while demonstrating patience, flexibility, consideration, diplomacy, tact, and confidence.
- A collaborative, agile, resourceful, consistently engaged, and a roll-up-the-sleeves, “I can do it” attitude who is consistently accountable, dependable, and mature.
- An excellent command of the English language with a strong set of communication skills, including listening, writing, proof-reading and speaking.
- Relevant understanding of clinical guidelines: ICH-GCP - Good Clinical Practice, FDA 21 CFR Part 11, and relevant GXP Regulations and Guidances.
How Castor takes care of you
At Castor we truly live and breathe one of our core values, believing we can achieve anything with a healthy and happy team. Our benefits reflect this:
- Guaranteed ‘happy holidays’ bonus, a prospective ‘company performance’ bonus, Employee Stock Option Plan as well as a competitive pay
- Learning & Development Budget to support your growth
- Unlimited annual leave (with a minimum of 25 days, plus additional national holidays)
- A fully remote role*, with support for your home office set-up
- A flexible working schedule: nobody is tracking your time except you, we focus on output and delivery
- A great work-life balance
- A MacBook or Dell laptop, and all other needed gear to work comfortably from home
- Quarterly downtime weeks, well-being workshops, sleeping courses, virtual company events and celebrations
- Annual company retreats in person 🌴
We are a remote-first company. At Castor, we value flexibility and believe that the best talents can work anywhere in the world. From flexibility improvements to productivity growth, we want to make sure you are happy, healthy, and productive while working from home.
Don’t have an updated CV just yet? Feel free to apply with your LinkedIn profile.
Every Castorian counts. We celebrate you for who you are. We build products to make clinical research accessible to the world and a company where everyone, anywhere, is welcome. It does not matter where you are from, where you are based, or what your gender, age, or sexual orientation is.
Our remote-first setup is for your family, your work-life balance, your mental health, and your right to be your most authentic self. You are celebrated for who you are, for all the differences and quirks that define you. We want your unique voice to be heard and succeed together as a happy and healthy team!
Castor continues to grow as an Equal Opportunities Employer. We strongly encourage applications from women, people of color, and people from the LGBTQ(+) community. Please feel free to share the pronouns you use (for example she/her/hers, he/her/his, they/them/theirs, etc.).