Lead Front-End Developer
What you’ll do?
To make medical research faster and smarter we are striving to grow an application with best possible UI and UX on a modern, easy to work with, stack:
- Owning and growing our React Front End moving further towards a well-structured, tested and accessible experience.
- Leading our frontend focused engineers by example, both by mentoring and by setting standards through your daily work on features and improvements.
- Collaborating closely with our Design System Team to implement existing components into our application(s) and add new capabilities to this system.
- Extracting components from our legacy ExtJS (3.4 / 6.5) projects and getting us into a fully Reactified world.
What you’ll work with?
The backend consists of modern PHP7 applications, backed by multi-tenant MySQL databases. Our toolbox includes CircleCI, Github, Slack, JIRA, Storybook, and MkDoc.
What you’ll bring?
- Wide range of experience in creating and maintaining applications from a front-end perspective.
- Foundational knowledge about Web-Technologies outside your main area of work, such as backend languages and tools, web related protocols and a general understanding of how the internet works.
- Fluent and practised experience keeping HTML and CSS maintainable and adaptable in large projects while preserving semantic meaning and accessibility.
- The ability to put yourself into the customer’s shoes when thinking about how our product is used.
- Fluent verbal and written communication skills in English.
- Your collaboration skills and the ability to balance business- and user-needs as you work with the Product and Engineering teams.
- A healthy interest in science, medicine and healthcare.
What you’ll get
You’ll be surrounded by a team of passionate, caring and opinionated yet open-minded people with both technical and collaborative skillsets.
- Compensation package including 30 holidays annually, pension & company bonus in a culture where people are actively encouraged to take those vacation days.
- The opportunity to contribute to maximising the impact of medical research.
- Fresh and healthy lunch and snacks.
- The chance to create an intuitive and accessible product.
- Flexible working with the option to work from home one day per week.
- The opportunity to learn from really good seniors!
- A work environment where you can share your ideas openly and influence the growth of a true scale-up company.
- Shiny new office in the Amsterdam Amstel area.
- A fun and experienced international team to work with where all communication happens in English in a diverse and inclusive environment.